Books & Publications
Frequently Asked Questions Keeping Nurses Awake at Night, (2015) . Published by the Law Office of Carolyn Buppert.
Paperback book, 397 pages. $30, includes shipping in the U.S. via USPS.
Available as MOBI file (preferred Kindle format), EPUB or PDF file, e-mailed to the purchaser. 397 pages. $20
The Nurse Practitioner’s Business Practice and Legal Guide. 6th edition, 2017. Jones & Bartlett Publishers.Click Here to Order
The Primary Care Provider’s Guide to Compensation and Quality: How to get paid and not get sued. 2nd edition, 2005. Jones & Bartlett Publishers.Click Here to Order
Avoiding malpractice: 10 rules, 5 systems, 20 cases: 84-page PDF document, 2017. Published by Law Office of Carolyn Buppert. $20.
Billing Physician Services Provided by Nurse Practitioners in Specialists’ Offices, Hospitals, Nursing Facilities, Homes and Hospice: 6-page PDF document, 2017. Published by Law Office of Carolyn Buppert, $25.
How to start a health care practice: For nurse practitioners:(2018): 130-page PDF document. Published by Law Office of Carolyn Buppert. $49
Provides information on the following:
- How to determine if you are ready to start your own practice
- How to do a business plan
- How to select a corporate form
- The ins and outs of reimbursement
- Checklist for starting a practice
- Licenses and numbers you must obtain
- Insurance issues
- Specific types of practices — medical cosmetics, nursing homes, mental health
- How to deal with mandated physician collaboration
- Considerations for using medical assistants
- Hospital privileges: Do you need them?
- Documenting outcomes
- Opportunities in telehealth
- How to fire a patient
- Marketing your practice
- Attorneys: How do they analyze your legal questions?
- Starting a rural clinic
- Independent contracting
Special features include:
- Sample contract for physician collaborator
- Sample contract for independent contractor
Negotiating Employment: (2016) 54-page pdf document, with self-assessment tools. Published by Law Office of Carolyn Buppert $25.
Prescribing: Preventing Legal Pitfalls for NPs: (2020) 72-page pdf. Published by Law Office of Carolyn Buppert. Provides detailed recommendations on how to avoid medication-related mishaps, including inappropriate prescribing of controlled substances. $25.
- Why reward productivity?
- How are bonuses structured?
- What are the economies behind productivity plans?
- How can nurse practitioners increase profits for practices?
- What is the process for developing a productivity plan?
- How should the agreement be worded?
- What are the legal considerations specific to nurse practitioners?
- What are the business considerations specific to nurse practitioners?
- What emotional factors tend to affect practices considering productivity rewards?
- What are the advantages of using relative value units rather than collections to measure productivity?
- What do employers consider when negotiating salary with nurse practitioners?
Special features include: Work sheets for nurse practitioners and employers who want to develop a plan.